Coastrek Vollie Roles
Volunteers are the FACE of our event. So a happy smile and words of encouragement are essential ingredients!
How you can help…
There are a variety of roles that need to be filled, including, but not limited to: helping with registration (teams getting their event bibs), marshalling on the course, helping run a Luv Stop (aka checkpoint), being based at the start lines / finish line helping to ensure that trekkers get on their way / share in their celebration. We will allocate your role according to your interest area, preferred location and availability. This will be confirmed in the weeks leading up to event day.
If you would love to be part of this memorable event and play a very important role in the Coastrekkers journey please register HERE and enter your details, along with your preferences.
ROLE TYPES EXPLAINED
Here is a brief taste to see what you may like to do. YOU…
- You are a People person – we need lots of people to cheer on the teams and create a festive atmosphere. You could also be helping out at Luv Stop (showing teams where to check-in, sending them on their way in the best way possible) OR be the ‘host with most’ (e.g. preparing simple snacks like cutting up fruit, ensuring supplies are renewed, etc).
- You are an ‘Energizer Bunny’ – you’ve got energy to burn and are great at inspiring people to get in the Coastrek mood to encourage the trekkers on their challenge. You like being a leader of sorts and are happy to assist coordinating the vollie crew at your location.
- You love attention to Detail – can include helping out at a Luv Stop by way of manually recording each team as they come through the Stop or at the Finish Line (a back-up to the electronic recording system and very important).
- You would like to Sit – you could help with registration which means giving out the event bibs to teams at the Registration site (Badcoe Hall, Point Nepean Quarantine Station) or working at a Luv Stop.
- You want to be Active – you’re happy moving things around and lifting / moving things into place. You may be helping put the finishing touches on one of the sites or ensuring all the gear gets packed up and collected.
- You enjoy the wide open spaces – you would be out on the route somewhere which means being a Marshall – pointing teams in the correct direction in bits that may be a bit confusing, and being a friendly and encouraging voice. Ideally you can get to the location yourself. It is a great job to do with a friend. PLEASE NOTE: The marshall shift times may vary from the options listed on the Vollie registration page. Your flexibility would be really appreciated ?
- You can’t help out on Event Day – there are a couple of jobs that need to be done either side of event day, like: letterbox drop to local residents & businesses letting them know the event is going to be on; sorting gear at event HQ to make sure it gets to the correct location.
- You’re flexible – you don’t mind what you end up doing or where you go. You love a surprise!
All Vollies will receive a small gift and be provided a meal / snacks on the day. We will make sure that you are fully informed and know what to do with an allocated Team Leader and any equipment needed for your role. And… we guarantee you’ll have an awesome day!
- 60km event Rego & Start location: Manly Life Saving Club, Cnr of Sth Steyne & Ashburner St, Manly
- Kiss Stop: Tania Park, Bareena Drive, Balgowlah Heights
- 1st Luv Stop for 60km event: Balmoral, 1st Balmoral Sea Scouts Hall, Balmoral Park, The Esplanade, Mosman
- 2nd Luv Stop for 60km event AND 30km event Rego & Start location: Bradfield Park, Broughton St, Kirribilli
- Luv Stop for both events: Lyne Park, off New South Head Road, Rose Bay
- Kiss Stop: Christison Park, off Old South Head Rd, Vaucluse
- The Finish: Bondi Beach reserve, off Campbell Parade (north of Bondi Pavilion)
- The Trail: Check out the Map HERE